Infrastructure Development Support
Deep understanding of fossil generation, renewable energy, and fuels infrastructure
Pace Global offers clients a full range of capabilities with respect to energy asset development. We are able to lead or support projects ranging from conventional power to industrial cogeneration, distributed generation, renewable fuel, and power technologies. We do this by tapping into a wealth of experience that ranges from due diligence review, technology evaluation, and risk assessment to contract negotiations, supply & transport planning, and financing assistance. Leveraging our experience working with developers, utilities, energy companies, and financial institutions, we can use these unique perspectives in order to assure the viability of each project we execute. We seamlessly meld superior technical know-how with expert knowledge of transactions and the markets to ensure our client expectations are successfully met.
Pace Global’s breadth of capabilities and depth of experience in project development allow us to perform comprehensive feasibility analyses of infrastructure and asset opportunities. Our feasibility assessments typically include establishment of technical and economic criteria, evaluation of candidate technologies, sizing & performance calculations, and preparation of capital and O&M cost estimates and project schedules. We follow this with an economic project analysis that factors in regulatory, financial, and energy market conditions.
Our generation analysis and assessment capabilities include:
- Project feasibility assessments
- Provision of a variety of analyses, including strategic energy assessments, industrial repowering & generating technology feasibility studies, conceptual design, performance assessments, and transmission and power market assessments.
- Comparative technology and site evaluations
- Comprehensive economic analysis
Renewable Resource Assessment
The pace of renewable generation and fuels development is accelerating, supported by strong regulatory incentives and rapidly advancing technology innovation. The foundation on which these projects are developed is a careful and comprehensive evaluation of the supporting renewable resource. Pace Global supports our clients in their development of renewable generation and fuels projects by providing renewable resource assessments for solar, wind, biomass.
Our renewable resource assessment services include:
- Solar resource modeling using industry-leading software tools
- Biomass resource assessment and supply planning
- Wind resource assessment and data collection
Contract Structuring & Negotiations
Pace Global understands where value and risk lie within key commercial agreements and what terms are typically acceptable to all parties involved. We are active in energy markets daily structuring commercial energy transactions on behalf of our clients. This level of activity provides intimate knowledge of the energy markets, project development & financing requirements, and key players that allow us to efficiently and successfully structure and negotiate infrastructure and market related agreements on behalf of our clients.
Our comprehensive contract structuring and negotiations support includes:
- Commercial terms and pricing for agreements related to fuel and power off-take
- Contract assistance in partnerships & joint ventures, major equipment procurement, EPC contracts and O&M agreements
- Services to originate, structure, and negotiate REC and SREC agreements
- Detailed, expert analysis and data to support negotiating positions
Pace Global provides trusted and objective third party owner’s engineering services. Our services during the development stage include not only reviewing the work of others but also taking an active role in development engineering, planning, permitting and financing support. We can supplement the owner’s team or take the lead role, as appropriate. Pace Global is able to be our clients’ eyes and ears onsite during project execution to identify potential problems and to advise all parties involved of possible risks or issues and potential solutions. With our expertise and depth of applied engineering knowledge, clients are confident that they are making sound, knowledge-based business decisions.
Owner’s engineering capabilities provided by Pace Global include:
- Front-end project assessment and development services
- Onsite teaming to manage contracts and obligations
- Oversight during project design and execution to identify risks, issues and solutions
For more information, read our European Energy Consulting Case Studies or contact:
Niko Kavakiotis at +44.1483.433.410 or via email.